Thursday, September 01, 2005

Still Standing



I saw this reported on CNN and was so excited to find a photograph that I could share with you. This scene is in hisotric Jackson Square in New Orleans, site of the 18th century St. Louis Cathedral. Two massive live oaks were uprooted during Hurricane Katrina and fell across this garden, ripping out a 30-foot section of ornamental iron fence and falling across this marble statue of Jesus. Amid a tangled mass of huge, broken branches and limbs, the only damage to the statue was snapping off the thumb and forefinger of his outstretched hands.

Pretty amazing, isn't He?

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

2 comments:

J Gregory said...

is this akin to "touchdown Jesus" on the campus of Notre Dame?

J Gregory said...

I think it is very telling that you see the positive when there are kooks that are saying God caused the storm to hit New Orleans because of it's history of debauchery and voodoo. thank you for your vision.