Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Lot Can Happen in a Year

It's hard to believe a whole year has passed since I last updated this thing. I wish I had a good excuse. A serious illness. A tragic accident. An alien kidnapping. Something. But all I can come up with is an unexplained rapid passage of time. (Hmmm. Maybe it was an alien abduction, after all.)

Since I last posted: Business has bounced back in full force. I've hired a new employee. W has become a young lady of six. P has grown into a fine young man. LJ has launched her new Etsy site. My look now includes a beard and bifocals. (I really need to replace that photo of me on this page!)

Now that I've got a little extra help around the studio, hopefully, I'll have more time to post my thoughts every now and then. After all, I do have thoughts. Deep thoughts. And musings by the megaton. And this place has been a nice place to put those thoughts in the past.

I won't make any promises, except to say I've missed the old Embryo Pig Farm and I hope to visit more often.

Cheers!

3 comments:

J Gregory said...

Glad you are back. Encoragement is good. It's sort of like having someone to exercise with(tho I will say exercise is an important thing and I must confess that I need some encouragement in that arena also). keep on bloggin baby!

gf

Sheila said...

Jay, hey!

My past year has been a commitment to spend less time on the Internet, and I had not looked at your blog in a long while. The beach photos are wonderful.

I offer the current post on my blog (Dec. 6) as encouragement regarding your midlife musings.

And I look forward to reading more, and hope to see you guys again someday! I want to see the beard!

(How's the guitar journey going?)

And, hey, you can take credit for my blog, even if you haven't written in a while. Your and LJ's comments were the main reason I started mine. :-)

Anonymous said...

i was growing weary of checking since 2 trips-ago to florida! ill keep reading if you keep writing.