Sunday, April 06, 2008

A Permanent State

Coldplay singing from my iTunes, echoes my thoughts from long, long ago:

When I was a young boy I tried to listen
And I wanna feel like that,
Little white shadows blink and miss them
Part of a system, I am

If you ever feel like something's missing
Things you'll never understand,
Little white shadows sparkle and glisten,
Part of a system, a plan

All this noise I'm waking up
All this space I'm taking up
All this sound is breaking up

Maybe you'll get what you wanted
Maybe you'll stumble upon it
Everything you ever wanted
In a permanent state


Words I wrote perhaps 25 years ago:

To live on a mesa I really don't know.

Downhill so sudden
Verbatim vast
Crepuscular plummet
So hard to forecast


Not much has changed.

God, are you listening?

Are you there?

If you are, help me understand: Why do you not answer our prayers?

No comments: